Michael Velliquette’s art has been featured in collections and galleries around the world.  Recently, his work was highlighted in a story in On Wisconsin, headlined “Sculpting with Paper.”

Velliquette is an assistant professor of foundations in the School of Education’s Art Department, and received his MA (1999) and MFA (2000) from UW–Madison.

On Wisconsin writes, “His technique and tools are simple — scissors, knives, paper, glue, cutting, layering. But they create pieces that reflect the high level of skill and hundreds of hours that go into each one.”

“When individuals encounter my sculptures, I’d like them to feel a sense of wonder and inspiration,” Velliquette says. “I want to convey the same sense of joy that I experience making them.”

According to his website, Velliquette has participated in over 150 exhibitions in museums and galleries in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. His work is in the permanent collections of the Chazen Museum of Art, the Art Museum of South Texas, The Microsoft Collection, and more.