Do you want to take art courses at UW-Madison, but not pursue a degree? If you have already completed a Bachelor’s degree, or if you are a junior or senior in high school with a 3.0+ GPA, you can!

If you meet the university’s eligibility criteria, you can take our classes as a non-degree-seeking Special Student. You must apply and be admitted as a Special Student prior to enrolling in credit courses at the UW-Madison. For University Special students and Guest auditors, the application is free.

Select the option below that best fits your goals:

Enrolling as a University Special student

If you have been admitted as a Special student, find out how to enroll.