Do you want to take art courses at UW-Madison, but not pursue a degree? If you have already completed a Bachelor’s degree, or if you are a junior or senior in high school with a 3.0+ GPA, you can!
If you meet the university’s eligibility criteria, you can take our classes as a non-degree-seeking Special Student. You must apply and be admitted as a Special Student prior to enrolling in credit courses at the UW-Madison. For University Special students and Guest auditors, the application is free.
Select the option below that best fits your goals:
- Professional development or personal enrichment
- Preparation for admission to graduate or professional school
- Visiting from another college or university *please submit a recent transcript to ACSSS
- Pursuing a Capstone Certificate
- International student attending UW-Madison
- High school student taking college course for credit
- Special Summer Studio Program for High School Art Students
Enrolling as a University Special student
If you have been admitted as a Special student, find out how to enroll.