Fall in Madison has traditionally been a time for local artists to open up their galleries to the curious public. This year, there are more opportunities than ever to take up the tradition of gallery hopping in the cool autumn evening. On Friday, October 28th, Communication will sponsor an Artist’s Night, featuring the work of a variety of artists from Madison and elsewhere at venues throughout town. Organizers have proposed the event as an alternative to the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art’s Gallery Night, in solidarity with Wisconsin Triennial artists boycotting MMOCA. We have five artists joining us today. Jennifer Bastian is a photographer and multimedia artist and director of Communication. Also on the line is Erica Hainz a fabric crafter, and owner of Fiddlestick Knits. Kat (Karmalover) Culbertson is a full time artist from Beloit, who’s now living in Monona. KT is a fiber artist studying at the University of Wisconsin. Last but not least, Jenny Hefferan is a small business owner, woodworker, and maker who is organizing the Bodgery’s participation in Artists’ Night.
- Inside these Walls: A Fragment of Life — MFA Thesis Exhibition by Caitlin Mary Margarett Sørensdatter
- Gloop: MFA Qualifier Exhibition by Morgan Baldinelli
- A glimpse into the 96th WUD Annual Student Art Show by Annica Romano
- UW Glass Lab’s Helen Lee wins major art award, has exhibit at Arts + Literature Lab by Gayle Worland
- UW alum Alex Jackson to return to campus as visiting artist by Lauren Tamborino