Fall in Madison has traditionally been a time for local artists to open up their galleries to the curious public. This year, there are more opportunities than ever to take up the tradition of gallery hopping in the cool autumn evening. On Friday, October 28th, Communication will sponsor an Artist’s Night, featuring the work of a variety of artists from Madison and elsewhere at venues throughout town. Organizers have proposed the event as an alternative to the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art’s Gallery Night, in solidarity with Wisconsin Triennial artists boycotting MMOCA. We have five artists joining us today. Jennifer Bastian is a photographer and multimedia artist and director of Communication. Also on the line is Erica Hainz a fabric crafter, and owner of Fiddlestick Knits. Kat (Karmalover) Culbertson is a full time artist from Beloit, who’s now living in Monona. KT is a fiber artist studying at the University of Wisconsin. Last but not least, Jenny Hefferan is a small business owner, woodworker, and maker who is organizing the Bodgery’s participation in Artists’ Night.
- Uncommon Trajectories: An Exploration of Work by Nontraditional Students
- The Onlooker: Master of Fine Arts Thesis Exhibition by Natalie Lambert
- Vasudaiva Kutumbhakam (The World Is One Family): Master of Fine Arts These Exhibition by Praveen Maripelly
- Cycles of Rebirth Exhibition by Brianna Stehling Santa Cruz
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison Art Department is hiring! Apply now for our Full Time Facilities Technician Staff Position!