While jogging years ago, Adell rescued the discarded legs from a curb. They languished, unpainted, in a corner of her office until 2004, when student Brody Rose ’99, MFA ’05 stopped by. “You have to paint my legs,” Adell told him. They now rise prominently from her desk, capped with high heels from her closet. “What I hope the legs convey,” she says, “is that this professor is a bit unconventional and a lot of fun.”
- Art Department Summer Visit Bucky Events
- UW–Madison student Aria receives prestigious Windgate-Lamar Fellowship
- Proposal by recent UW–Madison grad is selected for international digital art conference
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison Art Department is Hiring! Apply now for our Academic Advisor position!
- ‘Evolving Graphic Design’ exhibition on view through June 24