For the past couple years, anyone even remotely engaged with the art world in Madison was bound to bump into artist, educator and activist Carlos Eduardo Gacharná [BFA ’16] at some point or another. Gacharná’s work harnesses techniques from glassblowing, neon, and ceramics with a beautiful fluidity and an uncanny grasp of texture. But he’s made just as big a mark here through workshops, activism, and nightlife events, from the Sway music and performance series to art programs for marginalized youth.
- Gloop: MFA Qualifier Exhibition by Morgan Baldinelli
- A glimpse into the 96th WUD Annual Student Art Show by Annica Romano
- UW Glass Lab’s Helen Lee wins major art award, has exhibit at Arts + Literature Lab by Gayle Worland
- UW alum Alex Jackson to return to campus as visiting artist by Lauren Tamborino
- 96th annual WUD Student Art Show gallery open for viewing until March 15 by Aiden Mellon