For the past couple years, anyone even remotely engaged with the art world in Madison was bound to bump into artist, educator and activist Carlos Eduardo Gacharná [BFA ’16] at some point or another. Gacharná’s work harnesses techniques from glassblowing, neon, and ceramics with a beautiful fluidity and an uncanny grasp of texture. But he’s made just as big a mark here through workshops, activism, and nightlife events, from the Sway music and performance series to art programs for marginalized youth.
- Art Department Summer Visit Bucky Events
- UW–Madison student Aria receives prestigious Windgate-Lamar Fellowship
- Proposal by recent UW–Madison grad is selected for international digital art conference
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison Art Department is Hiring! Apply now for our Academic Advisor position!
- ‘Evolving Graphic Design’ exhibition on view through June 24