For the past couple years, anyone even remotely engaged with the art world in Madison was bound to bump into artist, educator and activist Carlos Eduardo Gacharná [BFA ’16] at some point or another. Gacharná’s work harnesses techniques from glassblowing, neon, and ceramics with a beautiful fluidity and an uncanny grasp of texture. But he’s made just as big a mark here through workshops, activism, and nightlife events, from the Sway music and performance series to art programs for marginalized youth.
- I Want My Aura TV: Multichannel Video Party
- Chair Stories 2.0: Discussion on Vasudaiva Kutumbhakam – The World Is One Family by Praveen Maripelly
- Total Tolerance: A UW Madison Art Exhibition
- A 3D State of Mind: An Undergraduate 3D Showcase
- Nightshift: An Advanced Undergraduate Painting Workshop Exhibition