During this fast-paced period of political change it can feel difficult to find a space for reflection, especially around conversations about the environment. But for Anna Lehner, a glass artist and M.F.A. student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the need for reflection on loss and the environment has become only more urgent. I sat down with Anna to discuss extinct languages, ice cores and ancient air, and her reintroduction of Morse code through tap dance.
- Visions for Madison, circa 2093 by Gayle Worland
- On View: ‘Art Works — Visual Perception as a Tool’ by Robyn Norton
- R E A C H: Points of Impact / Invisible Mountains, MA Exhibitions by Carissa Heinrichs and Anders Zanichkowsky
- Obama portraits break new ground artistically and culturally, UW expert says by Käri Knutson
- Across many disciplines, artists at UW learn their craft, hone intents, form communities by Henry Solotaroff-Webber