Illumination is excited to be showcasing ON HOLD: An Advanced Painting Workshop Show. The students of APW have been working all semester, and like many art students at universities across the country, had their studio access cut short due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Regardless of these obstacles, the students of APW have continued to produce high caliber works over the course of the semester, exploring ideas relevant to contemporary life such as consumerism, constructions of identity, and the trials of heart and mind we face during isolation. We at Illumination Journal would like to celebrate the great work created by the students of APW, in lieu of the cancellation of their final exhibit, by showcasing their work in this online exhibition. Enjoy.
- Art Department Summer Visit Bucky Events
- UW–Madison student Aria receives prestigious Windgate-Lamar Fellowship
- Proposal by recent UW–Madison grad is selected for international digital art conference
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison Art Department is Hiring! Apply now for our Academic Advisor position!
- ‘Evolving Graphic Design’ exhibition on view through June 24