FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarships for Current Art Majors
Current undergraduate art majors (BS-Art, BFA, Pre-Art Ed and BS-Art Ed) may apply for Art Department scholarships.
The 2022-2023 Scholarship Submission is not yet open.
Scholarships for Incoming Art Freshmen & Transfers
Admitted art freshman and transfer students are automatically considered for Incoming Art Major Scholarships if they have:
- Indicated Art or Pre-Art Education on their main application
- Submitted a portfolio to Slideroom by February 1st.
Scholarship recipients must declare either BS-Art or Pre-Art Education during Student Orientation and Registration (SOAR) and participate in the Contemporary Art and Artists First Year Interest Group (Art FIG) in their first year.
Transferring art students who’ve already completed their art foundations courses are not required to participate in the Art FIG, but must declare an undergraduate art major during Transfer SOAR.
Explore additional types of financial aid from several sources through the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Art Department Awards are made possible through these generous Scholarships
- Art Board of Visitors Scholarship
- Art Department Faculty and Staff Scholarship
- Meika A. Alberici Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Marie Thorsen Austin Scholarship
- Melvin F. and Beverly A. Butor Scholarship
- Carrie Jones Cady Scholarship
- George Joseph Cramer Scholarship
- Elsie Iwen Ebling Scholarship
- Kenneth Eichenbaum Memorial Scholarship
- Phil Hamilton Graphic Design Scholarship
- Catherine Esther Hokin Memorial Scholarship
- Kenneth D. Brown and Robert G. Kaentje Scholarship
- Truman Lowe Scholarship
- Margaret J. Martens Scholarship
- Ethel J. Odegard Scholarship
- Laurie Regan Art Scholarship
- Lois G. Roberts Scholarship
- Elizabeth Sewell Scholarship
- Catherine V. and Virginia E. Tenuta Scholarship