How to Apply
There are 2 applications to submit for the UW-Madison M.F.A in Studio Art program:
- Submit an online application through the UW-Madison Graduate School Application portal and application fee. Submit your:
- Statement of purpose*
*The statement of purpose is not an artist statement. This statement should be no more than 500 words, and should address specific reasons you wish to attend UW-Madison.
- Residency status
- Funding needs
- Letters of recommendation
- Wait for your Graduate School Electronic Application to process and appear in our system.
- You will be sent an email with a link to the Art Department MFA admissions application page on SlideRoom. Register your account and apply to: Program 1 – Admittance Application NEW MFA APPLICANTS. Submit your:
- Artist statement: The artist statement should discuss your current art practice. The document must be 500 words or less.
- Resume or CV
- Portfolio: Submit twenty images of your most recent work.
Graduate Portfolio Submission
Your portfolio must be submitted through SlideRoom, mailed portfolios will not be reviewed. Applicants may upload images (jpg, gif, or png), video (mov, wmv, flv) or PDF documents. For good image quality and fast uploads, image files should be sized no larger than 5MB per file, Video (up to 250MB per file), Audio (up to 30MB per file) and PDFs (up to 10MB per file).
For all technical assistance, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
for Fall 2023:
Friday, January 6, 2023
MFA Program Information Sessions
The UW-Madison Art Department hosts information sessions every fall semester for applicants interested in the MFA in studio arts program. You may register for a session by submitting the form below. On campus sessions start at 9:30 and meet in room 6241 Humanities Building 455 North Park Street Madison. Campus sessions typically run an hour and a half and end with a department tour. Virtual sessions start at 9:30 and are hosted on Zoom. If you register for a virtual session, you will receive a zoom invitation one week prior to the meeting.
RSVP for MFA Information Session - University of Wisconsin - MadisonUse this form to reserve a seat at the Department's fall informational sessions.