How to Apply
There are 2 applications to submit for the UW-Madison M.F.A in Studio Art program:
- Submit an online application through the UW-Madison Graduate School Application portal and application fee. Submit your:
- Statement of purpose*
*The statement of purpose is not an artist statement. This statement should be no more than 500 words, and should address specific reasons you wish to attend UW-Madison.
- Residency status
- Funding needs
- Letters of recommendation
- Wait for your Graduate School Electronic Application to process and appear in our system.
- You will be sent an email with a link to the Art Department MFA admissions application page on SlideRoom. Register your account and apply to: Program 1 – Admittance Application NEW MFA APPLICANTS. Submit your:
- Artist statement: The artist statement should discuss your current art practice. The document must be 500 words or less.
- Resume or CV
- Portfolio: Submit twenty images of your most recent work.
Graduate Portfolio Submission
Your portfolio must be submitted through SlideRoom, mailed portfolios will not be reviewed. Applicants may upload images (jpg, gif, or png), video (mov, wmv, flv) or PDF documents. For good image quality and fast uploads, image files should be sized no larger than 5MB per file, Video (up to 250MB per file), Audio (up to 30MB per file) and PDFs (up to 10MB per file).
For all technical assistance, contact: email@example.com
for Fall 2021:
Wednesday, January 6, 2021
MFA Program Information Sessions
Due to new restrictions for campus guests all fall MFA information sessions will be hosted virtually. You may register for a session below. You will receive an invitation link a week before your scheduled session. All meetings start promptly at 9:30am.