How to Apply
There are 2 applications to submit for the UW-Madison M.F.A in Studio Art program:
- Submit an online application through the UW-Madison Graduate School Application portal and pay the $75.00 application fee (non-US residents pay an additional $6.00 international document processing fee). Submit your:
- Statement of purpose*
*The statement of purpose is not an artist statement. This statement should be no more than 500 words, and should outline specific reasons you wish to attend UW-Madison.
- Residency status
- Funding needs
- Letters of recommendation
- Wait for your Graduate School Electronic Application to process and appear in our system.
- You will be sent an email with a link to the Art Department MFA admissions application page on SlideRoom. Register your account and apply to: Program 1 – Admittance Application NEW MFA APPLICANTS. Submit your:
- Artist statement*
*The artist statement should discuss your current art work/practice. The document must be 500 words or less.
- Apply for both assistantships and scholarships
- Artist statement*
The Art Department offers a number of teaching assistantships, both classroom and support positions, along with scholarships to qualified applicants.
Graduate Portfolio Submission
Your portfolio must be submitted through SlideRoom, mailed portfolios will not be reviewed. Applicants may upload images (jpg, gif, or png), video (mov, wmv, flv) or PDF documents.
For good image quality and fast uploads, your image files should be sized no larger than 1280x1280px at 72dpi. Video files should be under 20MB and may not exceed five minutes in length.
For all technical assistance, contact: email@example.com
for Fall 2020-21:
Monday, January 6, 2020
MFA Program Information Sessions
These sessions take about two hours including a tour of the facilities.
Sessions will meet in the atrium of the Art Lofts building at 9:30 am. The Art Lofts is located at 111 N. Frances Street Madison, Wisconsin.
Lake and Johnson Street Ramp
301 North Lake Street
Metered parking is available outside the building. Campus parking information can be found at UW-Madison Parking Services.